Knitting is about the journey not the finished product. I’m a process knitter with an abundance of wips. They were threatening to take over my craft room. This blog is to chronicle my journey to finish or frog those long forgotten Orphan projects. My chat last month with Malabrigo K. has inspired me to see if I can liberate one or two Orphans early on every month. Presenting my first finished orphan for August, my Mystery Blanket! I have no idea when I started it. It’s at least five or six years old. It needed an enormous amount of ends woven in and a wash. Now it’s ready to be gifted for the holidays.
Update on other wips:
- Earth & Sky: Sadly, more waiting.
- Charity Malt: I’m on row 70 of the stockinette section. It’s about 29 inches from the cast on edge!
- Portland Bias Scarf: Each skein has 25 grams. Skein one is down to 4.03 grams.
- Frank in Pairs: Still working on the first frank ochre section.
- Dewberry Dancer: I’m on row 14 of section one. One more row before the next pearl section.
One down, seven or eight more to go!